PivotCharts are the basically extended version of the simple charts like Column, Line or Pie Charts. PivotCharts provides a customized functionality to handle normal charts.
In my previous blog, I had described how to implement, a different type of charts in Microsoft Excel. So, I would recommend before moving ahead just have a look at that.
Limitations of Simple Charts
- Only generates a static chart. Means user can’t customize the number of records or column values at run time.
- Some times we could loss actual data while customizing the charts based on user requirement.
Need of PivotChart
To understand this, just think about the Simple Chart in the above example. Now, consider that user just wanted to show the report of some related information like only for AC, Cooler and Fan rather than all products.
To achieve this with simple chart there are two ways:
- Delete all other products(except AC, Cooler, Fan) from the actual data table which leads to data loss.
- Another way is to regenerate the chart using only the required records. A user might get frustrated by repeating this process again and again for each product or different type of records.
PivotChart overcomes both the above two problems. As you can see it provides a drop-down functionality to customize the chart to show only those records which are relevant for the end user.
I will explain how to implement the PivotChart and PivotTable in my upcoming blogs. So guys, stay connected…
- Computer Basics -1 || Introduction and Structure of Computer.
- Computer Basics -2 || Types of Computers and Usage.
- Computer Basics -3 || What are the different types of Software?
- Computer Basics -4 || Importance of Operating System(OS).
- Computer Basics -5 || Understanding of Number System.
- Computer Basics -6 || Understanding MS-DOS Commands.
- Computer Basics -7 || Important Features of MS-Word.
- Computer Basics -8 || Let’s learn the usage of MS-Excel.
- Computer Basics -9 || Understand and Implement Data Validation in Excel.
- Computer Basics -10 || How to apply Filter in a data set in Excel?
- Computer Basics -11 || Using Charts in place of Data Tables in Excel.
- Computer Basics -12 || Advantages of PivotCharts over Simple Charts in Excel.
- Computer Basics -13 || Creating pivot charts/tables in Excel.
- Abbreviations to Full-Forms in Computer Basics.
- Basic Java – 1 || Understand Java before start learning JAVA.
- Basic Java – 2 || Variables and Data Types used in JAVA.
- Basic Java – 3 || Understanding Class, Objects, Methods in Java.
- Basic Java – 4 || More on methods(Return Type and Parameters)
- Basic Java – 5 || Methods- Call by Value and Call by Reference in Java.
- Basic Java – 6 || Understanding of Constructor and Destructor in JAVA.
- Basic Java – 7 || Static Variables and Methods.
- Basic Java – 8 || Lets learn about Arrays in Java.
- Basic Java – 9 || Performing multiple operations using Java Operators.
- Basic Java – 10 || Conditions (If and Switch) in JAVA.
- Basic Java – 11 || for and for-each in Java. (Loops Part-1)
- Basic Java – 12 || Alternate looping concepts while and do-while. (Loops Part-2)
- Basic Java – 13 || Decimal values v/s Octal base(8) values in JAVA.
- Basic Java – 14 || Learn about String literals in Java.
- Basic Java – 15 || Runtime User Input using Scanner Class (Part-1).
- Basic Java – 16 || Runtime User Input using BufferedReader Class (Part-2).
- Basic Java – 17 || Runtime User Input using Console Class (Part-3).
- Basic Java – 18 || Difference between break and continue keywords.
- Basic Java – 19 || Sending Email using Java (Part-1).
- Basic Java – 20 || Sending Email with attachment using Java (Part-2).
- Basic Java – 21 || Stack memory and Heap memory in Java.
- Basic Java – 22 || Let’s learn more about String.
- Basic Java – 23 || String, StringBuffer & StringBuilder in Java.
- Basic Java – 24 || Exception Handling using Try Catch.
- File Handling | Reading data from word document(.doc or .docx) in JAVA.
- File Handling | Reading data from Excel files (.xls or .xlsx) using JAVA.
- File Handling | Writing data into an Excel(.XLSX or .XLS) File.
- File Handling | Implement formatting in Excel using Java.
- File Handling | Copy existing data from one workbook to another workbook in Java.
- File Handling | Reading data from PDF file using JAVA.
- File Handling || Traverse folders and subfolders in Java.
- File Handling || Reading and Writing data from a text file.
- File Handling || Multiple file creation using template based input data.
- Framework || Simple example of Key Driven Framework using excel sheet in Selenium(JAVA).
- QnA || How to use Constructors in Abstract class?
- QnA | Difference between Integer and int keywords.
- QnA | Can main method be overloaded?
- QnA | How do I reverse a String/Sentence in Java?
- QnA | Perform Multiplication and Division without * or / or % operators.
- QnA | How do I get the default value of data type?
- QnA | How to split String if it contains period symbol (.) in between?
- Different ways to Reverse a String in Java.
- Copy formatting & style of cells from one sheet to another.
- Getting IP address and Hostname using InetAddress Class.
- User inputs via Command Prompt using arguments of main() method of a class.
- Program for List and ArrayList in Java.
- Useful methods and implementation under Scanner Class.
- Swapping two variable values without using any third variable.
- Difference between int x= 10 and y=010 in Java.
- Parameterized Constructors v/s Setter and Getter function in JAVA.
- Override a Static Method.