Search and Filter utility used to extract a defect or a set of defects from the project(s) based on a condition(s).
Search an Issue
There are two methods to search any issue on JIRA.
- Search Field: using Single Keyword
- Search for Issues: using Multiple Keyword
The first method of Searching any issue is very simple. We need to just enter our keyword into the Search field and press Enter. In General, You can find Search Field at the top-right corner of the website. Below are the few Keywords :
- Defect ID
- any unique String value
This will shows the result specific to Defect ID or the unique String value.
Search for Issues
To search an Issue using Multiple keywords. This works like SQL Query based on Key=Value pair conditional check. It gives facility to implement multi-level filter on an issue or set of issues on JIRA.
- Click on Issues drop-down
- Click on Search for Issues Option as mentioned in image.
- User will get below text field.
- You can use all the fields of a Defect as a Keyword. Like project name, severity, priority, createddate, assignee, reporter, etc.
- Use conditional operators. The valid operators are ‘=’, ‘!=’, ‘<‘, ‘>’, ‘<=’, ‘>=’, ‘~’, ‘!~’, ‘IN’, ‘NOT IN’, ‘IS’ and ‘IS NOT’.
- Keyword value can be defined with or without double quotes.
- Use AND & OR to combine multiple conditions.
- If it shows Green check-mark, your query is correct.
- If it shows Red-Cross, your query is incorrect and require some modification.
As we have seen that searching for issues based on Multiple Keywords are a little tricky and sometimes complex. Also, difficult to remember the same. To avoid this we have to Save this Query with some relevant name to use later.
To save any query, we just need to click on Save or Save As button present just above the query text field. A pop-up box will appear, give any name and Press Enter.
- Usage of Filters
- Provide reusability in future
- Easy to locate issues of similar type based on the conditions.
- Same Filters can be used directly to create Dashboards.
- We could extract report in excel using the same filters.
- JIRA Tutorials-1 || Basic understanding of JIRA.
- JIRA Tutorials-2 || Implement Search and Filter on JIRA Issues.
- Basic Java – 1 || Understand Java before start learning JAVA.
- Basic Java – 2 || Variables and Data Types used in JAVA.
- Basic Java – 3 || Understanding Class, Objects, Methods in Java.
- Basic Java – 4 || More on methods(Return Type and Parameters)
- Basic Java – 5 || Methods- Call by Value and Call by Reference in Java.
- Basic Java – 6 || Understanding of Constructor and Destructor in JAVA.
- Basic Java – 7 || Static Variables and Methods.
- Basic Java – 8 || Lets learn about Arrays in Java.
- Basic Java – 9 || Performing multiple operations using Java Operators.
- Basic Java – 10 || Conditions (If and Switch) in JAVA.
- Basic Java – 11 || for and for-each in Java. (Loops Part-1)
- Basic Java – 12 || Alternate looping concepts while and do-while. (Loops Part-2)
- Basic Java – 13 || Decimal values v/s Octal base(8) values in JAVA.
- Basic Java – 14 || Learn about String literals in Java.
- Basic Java – 15 || Runtime User Input using Scanner Class (Part-1).
- Basic Java – 16 || Runtime User Input using BufferedReader Class (Part-2).
- Basic Java – 17 || Runtime User Input using Console Class (Part-3).
- Basic Java – 18 || Difference between break and continue keywords.
- Basic Java – 19 || Sending Email using Java (Part-1).
- Basic Java – 20 || Sending Email with attachment using Java (Part-2).
- Basic Java – 21 || Stack memory and Heap memory in Java.
- Basic Java – 22 || Let’s learn more about String.
- Basic Java – 23 || String, StringBuffer & StringBuilder in Java.
- Basic Java – 24 || Exception Handling using Try Catch.
- File Handling | Reading data from word document(.doc or .docx) in JAVA.
- File Handling | Reading data from Excel files (.xls or .xlsx) using JAVA.
- File Handling | Writing data into an Excel(.XLSX or .XLS) File.
- File Handling | Implement formatting in Excel using Java.
- File Handling | Copy existing data from one workbook to another workbook in Java.
- File Handling | Reading data from PDF file using JAVA.
- File Handling || Traverse folders and subfolders in Java.
- File Handling || Reading and Writing data from a text file.
- File Handling || Multiple file creation using template based input data.
- Framework || Simple example of Key Driven Framework using excel sheet in Selenium(JAVA).
- QnA || How to use Constructors in Abstract class?
- QnA | Difference between Integer and int keywords.
- QnA | Can main method be overloaded?
- QnA | How do I reverse a String/Sentence in Java?
- QnA | Perform Multiplication and Division without * or / or % operators.
- QnA | How do I get the default value of data type?
- QnA | How to split String if it contains period symbol (.) in between?
- Different ways to Reverse a String in Java.
- Copy formatting & style of cells from one sheet to another.
- Getting IP address and Hostname using InetAddress Class.
- User inputs via Command Prompt using arguments of main() method of a class.
- Program for List and ArrayList in Java.
- Useful methods and implementation under Scanner Class.
- Swapping two variable values without using any third variable.
- Difference between int x= 10 and y=010 in Java.
- Parameterized Constructors v/s Setter and Getter function in JAVA.
- Override a Static Method.
- Computer Basics -13 || Creating pivot charts/tables in Excel.
- Computer Basics -12 || Advantages of PivotCharts over Simple Charts in Excel.
- Computer Basics -11 || Using Charts in place of Data Tables in Excel.
- Computer Basics -10 || How to apply Filter in a data set in Excel?
- Computer Basics -9 || Understand and Implement Data Validation in Excel.
- Computer Basics -8 || Let’s learn the usage of MS-Excel.