This gmail security setting is only be used when you are getting javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException error in Java.
Google has an important security feature to protect your Gmail account from the other applications which seems insecure. By default, Google keeps this setting Off.
Note: Please ON this setting only if required for specific scenario. As it is not recommended by Google.
Some times you may get authentication issue while accessing any account from the application or device which uses less secure technology. In that case, you should receive the below email notification from the Google(Gmail) account.
Change Gmail Security
Mostly, we receive this exception when we have to send email using the Java. Below are the steps to change the security level “Less secure App access” to ON.
- Login to your Gmail account using the correct email id and password.
- Click on the Profile picture present at the top-right corner on the page.
- Click on “Manage your Google Account” option from the pop-up box.
- Users will be redirected to the Google Account Page.
- Click on the Security tab from the left side menu.
- Scroll down the page to locate the “Less secure app access” section on the page.
- Click on the link “Turn on access(not recommended)“.
- By default, status is showing as OFF.
- Now click on the toggle button to ON the access.
- Once the status is changed to “Allow less secure apps: ON”. You are good to proceed with your Java program.
- Hopefully, you will not receive an authentication exception.
1291total visits,4visits today