TestNG framework (where NG stands for Next Generation) is a testing framework which supports JAVA language. Mainly it is used while working on Key Driven Framework.
Mainly, it helps any programmer or automation engineer from two sides:
- Create and Organize Test Cases
- Execute Test Cases in a systematic way and generate Reports.
Things to Remember while using TestNG Framework
- The important point is that a program written in the TestNG framework doesn’t require any main() for the execution.
- These programs contain only methods having @Test Annotations.
- Use of pre-defined annotations and attributes. These are like keywords or a single line of code to define the flow of the program at run time.
Benefits of TestNG Framework
- TestNG can generate reports in HTML and XML format. The XML format can be used to generate further custom Reports.
- Along with the Reports, we can also generate Logs.
- We can configure test suites using test methods, classes, packages, etc.
- Dependent test cases can be written.
- Parallel Testing, Parameterization Testing can be performed.
- Data-Driven testing can be performed.
- TestNG annotations are easy to create tests and organize test Cases.
- Test cases can be grouped and Prioritized based on the requirement.
9194total visits,7visits today